Usufruct contract for land and house

4.6/5 rating (11 votes)
  • Last update: 20 May 2013
  • File size: 345.21 KB
  • Version: Draft agreement non-members
  • Downloaded: 2755
  • Author: Samui For Sale

Usufruct contract to register a land and house usufruct with the land office in Thailand. Right of usufruct contract grants, when registered with the land office, the right to use, manage and enjoy the benefits from an immovable property (land and house) beloning to someone else for a limited period of time or for the duration of a person's or persons life.

The downloadable usufruct contract package contains the usufruct contract with a complete Thai translation and instructions on how to create a real right of usufruct by registration of the contract with the Thailand land department.

Comments (5)

  • Pete S
    Pete S
    30 November 2010 at 08:54 |

    Where to get the complete Thai English usufruct contract for Thailand. Do you also have different forms of usufruct agreements? My wife owns real estate in Thailand and wants to give me a right of usufruct over 2 properties. Is that possible? Thanks

    • Support
      30 November 2010 at 15:20 |

      If you want to register the right of usufruct over 2 properties in Thailand you need to register a separate usufruct over each property.

      As the spouse of the owner you could opt for the standard land office usufruct, but if the purchase price of the properties actually were paid by you I recommend the PDF template usufruct form. If things go wrong it gives you a slight advantage over the standard land office usufruct. Just send an email to support(at) for more information.

  • Simon
    07 January 2011 at 14:48 |

    I would like to thank you and your company for the quick and efficient service you gave us. But I do have a problem, we went to register the usufruct at Rayong land office. They would not register the usufruct, instead they issued their own usufruct, which was not explained to me!

    I dont feel like I have any security with this. I wondered if you could give me some idea what I can do next?

  • Alan Light
    Alan Light
    17 March 2012 at 17:40 |

    In the case where a foreigner has a userfract agreement with a Thai Condo owner can this have the affect of distorting the law
    1) It may breach the 49% Foreign ownership limitation .
    2) Does the usufructuary have voting rights in the Condo general meetings?

  • Consultant
    02 August 2012 at 05:13 |

    The usufructuary is never considered the owner of the condominium. The bare owner and holder of the title ownership deed is still another person and if the 'nude' owner of the condominium under usufruct is of Thai national nationality it does not affect the 49% foreign ownership quota. The foreigner as the usufructuary and manager of the condo normally obtains the voting rights in the condo meetings. You can also find some info in the real estate article blog.

Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.